10 things to do for yourself today, emotional well being, happiness, healthy-living, Inspiration, Life, lifestyle, Malcolm Forbes, mental-health, Operation Beautiful, Personal, Quotes, random acts of kindness, self help, sell wellness, wellness
Happy Tuesday everyone! I don’t know why, but it feels like it is going to be a very long week. In honor (or just because) of that feeling, I’m created a list of 10 things to do for yourself today.
1. Clear everything away and make your bed. It may seem silly or it may already be made, but having a nice clean bed makes everything about the bedroom seem so much calmer.
2. Do something you’ve been putting off for no reason. It probably wont take near as long as you think and will take so much stress off your shoulders. Just get it over with!
3. Take time minutes to do nothing. You can meditate or just lay on your bed with your eyes closed, but take 10 minutes to just be alone in silence. Taking a moment to just be present and not allow your mind to race gives it a much needed break. Just be sure you don’t fall asleep!
4. Post an Operation Beautiful note somewhere. It would only take a second and will give a smile to someone who might really need one.
5. Forgive yourself of something. Everyone holds on to something they did wrong for longer than they should. The little things weigh you down more than than you think. So you forgot to call your best friend on her birthday? I’m sure she forgave you, that’s what best friends do, don’t hold it against yourself.
6. Go for a walk outside. Research has proven that 30 minutes a day of walking can have numerous health benefits. Walking can help improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels, reduce the risk of blood coronary disease, and improve mental health. So get out there and smell the fresh air!
7. Do something nice for someone without expecting anything in return. It’s easy to be nice to someone when you can benefit. Pay for the fast food of the person in the car behind you. Anonymously pay for someone’s meal at a restaurant. Random acts of kindness have the power to affect so many people.
8. Read something. Even if you only read 20 minutes a day, it will total to 3,600 minutes a school year. Reading helps to improve mental function as well as your vocabulary. There’s no reason you can’t take at least 15 minutes a day to read something.
9. Clean off a space that has gotten cluttered. Whether it’s your kitchen counter or the coffee table, take a few minutes and clean it off. The room will instantly look cleaner.
10. Make a to do list for tomorrow. Save yourself some stress and have your to do list ready to go for tomorrow. Starting the day off with a plan of action makes it go along much smoother and more productive.